New Roads School was founded on the fundamental principle of inclusion. We actively seek a mosaic of authentic diversity in our community — diversity of talents, interests, learning profiles, achievements, races, cultures, and economic and ethnic backgrounds — and our generous financial aid program reflects and facilitates this crucial goal.
Every year New Roads School devotes between 30% and 40% of its tuition budget to need-based financial aid. This enables us to provide financial aid to more than 40% of our New Roads families. Because we believe education is a partnership among parents, students, and faculty, every family makes some financial contribution, consistent with their means, to their child’s tuition.
New Roads' financial aid program follows several guidelines:
- The decision to offer admission to a student is made prior to, and independent of, decisions to grant financial aid.
- All financial aid applications are confidential.
- Financial aid funds, while generous, are nonetheless limited; demonstrating need does not guarantee support.
- Financial aid is reviewed annually. All returning New Roads families must reapply for financial aid for each new school year. If financial need continues, and if student performance is satisfactory, aid is generally continued. However, as costs and tuition increase, families can expect increases in their tuition obligations.
Factors considered in determining financial aid include:
- Economic need of the requesting family.
- Other children in elementary or secondary private school. Since loans are readily available for college and university study, New Roads does not consider the expense of college education for other family members in making financial aid decisions.
- Savings – including those a family may designate as “college savings.”
- Expenses for “lifestyle” choices such as vehicles, homes, vacations, club memberships, etc.
- Health care expenses.
We make every effort to be fair and consistent in all of our deliberations and decisions at New Roads School. Financial aid decisions are particularly difficult since we wish every qualified student could attend New Roads; unfortunately, this is not possible. Our Financial Aid Committee often must choose among many competing requests. In making these challenging decisions, New Roads School reserves the right to consider additional factors not specifically set forth above.
To apply for financial aid, please follow these instructions:
Indicate that you are applying for financial aid on your admissions application.
Complete the online FAST application by clicking on this NRSFAST link
. All financial aid applications are processed online through FAST-Financial Aid for School Tuition.
Upload your tax information to FAST, using the FAST Quick Processing Wizard.
New applicants: upload your completed 2018 and 2019 federal taxes with all supporting schedules, W-2's and/or 1099's.
Returning students: upload your completed 2019 federal taxes with all supporting schedules, W-2's and/or 1099's.
Applications submitted without completed tax information will not be reviewed by the Financial Aid Committee. There is a $45 non-refundable financial aid application fee in order to process your FAST application, payable by credit card (MasterCard, Visa, or American Express).
When you have completed all components of your financial aid application, the Financial Aid Committee will review the information. If the Financial Aid Committee requires further verification of your submitted tax information, you will be asked to complete an IRS Form 4506.
Parents are assured that all information submitted will be kept in the strictest confidence. If an award is not satisfactory, an appeal may be made to the Financial Aid Committee. Non-custodial parents may be required to submit detailed financial statements, depending on circumstances.
Financial Aid Deadlines
February 7, 2020 (new applicant families)
February 21, 2020 (returning families)