Like other independent schools, tuition alone does not cover the costs associated with keeping this community of learners thriving, stable and able to grow and mature. Our goals are established by the Board of Trustees in coordination with the Development Stewardship Committee. Fundraising activities account for approximately 13% of New Roads School’s operating budget.
New Roads School is a charitable organization that is tax exempt under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code so your contributions are tax deductible to the extent of the law.
Annual Campaign Report for 2013-2014 School Year:
New Roads offers many opportunities to support the school:
GIFTS OF CASH
• Contributions made by check, cash, or credit card are tax deductible in the year the gift is made. Checks should be made payable to New Roads School and sent to the Development office at 3131 Olympic Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90404.
• Click here to make an online gift or pledge payment using a credit card through our secure website.
PLEDGES AND PAYMENT PLANS
• Make a pledge. Commit to your gift today and have the flexibility you need to make your payments throughout the year.
• All Annual Giving pledge payments must be received by June 30, 2013.
GIFTS OF APPRECIATED SECURITIES
• Gifts of appreciated securities, such as stocks, bonds or mutual fund shares, are a great way to increase the size of your gift to New Roads. Why? Because you get to take the full current value of your gift as a charitable tax deduction (rather than your lower purchase price). This saves you money on taxes and allows you to give New Roads a gift that costs you less than gifting the equivalent amount in cash. Please contact your tax professional to discuss your options and then call the Development Office at 310-828-5582.
EMPLOYER MATCHING GIFTS
• Most large companies will match charitable contributions made by their employees, often dollar for dollar. Simply ask your office supervisor or human resources person for a matching gift form and return it to us with your contribution. What a great way to double or even triple the amount of your gift to New Roads School.
• Tributes are a wonderful way to send a thank you, acknowledge a special occasion or send a note of sympathy (in Honor; in Memory)
SHOP TO SUPPORT
Here are several easy ways to donate to New Roads School while you shop.
• Shop Amazon.com - Amazon.com donates a % of your purchase back to New Roads. Shop Amazon Now!
• New Roads Spirit Wear – show your school spirit with New Roads t-shirts and hoodies. Check out the New Roads eMall for spirit wear and more.
•Whole Foods SCRIP – Whole Foods donates 3% of your purchase back to New Roads – buy SCRIP now through the New Roads eMall.
• Target for Education – Through “Take Charge of Education,” families, teachers and members of the community have an easy way to raise money for New Roads School. When you sign up and designate New Roads Target donates up to 1% of every purchase made with a REDcard (Target Visa Credit Card, Target Credit Card or Target Check Card). For information and how to get started, visit Target's website.
• Kids Konserve – Purchase fun waste free lunch packaging and a portion of your purchase goes to New Roads School. http://www.kidskonserve.com/
• GoodSearch – Search and Shop with GoodSearch, http://www.goodsearch.com/, and they will donate a portion of their revenue to New Roads School.
For more information on how you can support New Roads School, please contact Courtney Cohee, Director Development, at (310) 828-5582,