The Herb Alpert Educational Village
Inspired Education for an Evolving World

New Roads Fund

The New Roads Fund

“The Three “R’s” are necessary but not sufficient to prepare our students for a rapidly evolving world...we need to invest in the programs that will enable our students to thrive in the world they will inherit and lead. “

- Luthern Williams, Head of School

Each year we rely on the generous support of our families to fully realize the promise of our educational partnership. We launch the New Roads Fund campaign with the start of school in the fall and aim to reach 100% family participation by the end of the calendar year.

What Part of a New Roads Education Does the New Roads Fund Support? 

In a word, everything.

  • An innovative and intellectually vigorous K-12 college-preparatory curriculum
  • Top-notch performing and visual arts programs
  • Cutting-edge film and digital media classes
  • Record- setting participation and success in athletics
  • Signature programs like STREAM2 that cross academic “silos” and deepen learning.
  • Professional development to ensure exceptional teaching in every classroom
  • Learning environments that are continually enhanced to meet the needs of our students
  • A generous financial aid program ($8, 000, 000/annually) that sustains our commitment to authentic diversity, which is fundamental to preparing students personally, socially, and intellectually to lead expansive lives, built on respect for and appreciation of the humanity of others.

Education that is liberating, creative, evolving: your investment in the New Roads Fund is an investment in your child's future and pays dividends for every student, every day.

Why is 100% participation in the New Roads Fund Campaign so important?


Like virtually all independent schools, New Roads relies on additional funding from our community of parents, grandparents, alumni and friends to meet our actual operating costs annually. Last year, tuition accounted for 90% of our total operating budget. Fundraising made up the critical remaining 10%.

When a charitable foundation, corporate donor or ‘angel investor’ is trying to decide whether or not to support New Roads, their first question is “Do you have 100 percent support for your New Roads Fund Campaign?” A resounding “YES” to this question conveys a powerful message of support for New Roads that makes donors sit up and take notice.

Click here to donate or make a pledge

For more information contact Connie Hwang, Director of Development, at or 310-828-5582 extension 607.

New Roads School

3131 Olympic Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90404
ph: 310-828-5582
Contact Us
New Roads School is a college preparatory K-12 private independent school in Santa Monica, CA, serving over 650 school age children from the greater Los Angeles area. New Roads School provides an inspired educational program from which an authentically diverse student population, mirroring the rich diversity of Los Angeles, develops a personal dedication to learning, a respect for independent thinking, and an expanding curiosity about the world and its people.