New Roads' Re-Entry Task Force is closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic in the Los Angeles area. Currently our campus is closed to in-person instruction and remote learning is in session for all grade levels. New Roads will continue to provide instruction using the remote platform until it is deemed responsible to return to in-person instruction.
In an effort to keep our community as safe as possible, it is imperative
that parents, faculty, and staff contact the re-entry Pandemic Coordinator, Brae Casillas
, immediately if you or someone in your household:
- Has been diagnosed with COVID-19
- Has symptoms of COVID-19
- Is waiting for a COVID-19 viral test result
- May have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- Is at increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19
In addition, we encourage our community to continue to follow the guidance of health organizations such as the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, which include:
- Staying home when sick
- Wearing a mask that covers your nose and mouth
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Covering sneezes and coughs with a tissue or a sleeve
- Regular hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or sanitizing when soap and water are not available
- Physically distancing, 6 ft. apart, from anyone outside of your household
- Limiting activities to essential items
This webpage centralizes New Roads' COVID-19 re-entry response and provides resources for our community. As the State of California and the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health begin their staged approach to reopening, New Roads' will follow and implement the guidance set forth and will update this page as necessary.
If you have any questions regarding New Roads' Re-Entry Plan, please contact Ryan Hawley
or Brae Casillas
, Re-Entry Task Force Co-Chairs.